Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA)
Dear Applicants and Readers of unimy.edu.my,
The government of Malaysia has introduced the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 that applies to all companies established in the country. As such, we are required to inform you of your rights regarding your personal data that is being processed, being collected and further processed as well as the purposes of the data processing.
The Act also states that we are to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data.
UNIMY respects the privacy of our customers and users of this site (unimy.edu.my). Hence, we wish to inform you that the personal data provided in your application to acquire information or content is being, and will likely continue to be used and processed for the following purposes:
- to provide you with news updates
- to respond to your enquiries
- to invite you to our events/workshops
- to share with our partners in providing further
Processing of your data for all mentioned purposes is necessary for us to continue providing good service to you. By registering on the site, you agree to, and undertake to comply with the terms above in respect to our processing of your personal data.
If you have any concerns pertaining to any aspect of the processing, kindly notify us at [email protected].
Terms & Conditions
- Terms – By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
- Disclaimer – The materials on UNIMY ‘s web site are provided “as is”. UNIMY makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, UNIMY does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Limitations – In no event shall UNIMY or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on UNIMY ‘s Internet site, even if UNIMY or our authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
- Revisions and Errata – The materials appearing on UNIMY ‘s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. UNIMY does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. UNIMY may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. UNIMY does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- Indemnity – You hereby irrevocably agree to indemnify and keep indemnified UNIMY from all liabilities, claims, losses and expenses, including any legal fees that may be incurred by UNIMY in connection with or arising from
- your use or misuse of this website and the services provided herein, or
- your breach of these terms and conditions howsoever occasioned, or
- any intellectual property right or proprietary right infringement claim made by a third party against UNIMY in connection with your use of this website.
- No Waiver – The failure of UNIMY to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Governing Law – Any claim relating to UNIMY ‘s web site shall be governed by the laws of the country of Malaysia without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising out of or in relation to this website, including these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.