DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (COMPUTING)
KPT/JPS (N/481/8/0786)02/23 | MQA/PA 9389
Full time 3 Years, Part time 4 Years
Registration is open throughout the year
This programme is designed as a response to the need in society for highly qualified professionals with specific training in the field of computing to prepare them for senior positions in research development and to provide services to industries and institutions locally and globally.
Master in Computing or equivalent: candidates are required to have at least one BSc or MSc in computing
Other Masters equivalent qualifications: subject to the approval by the Senate of the University
English Language Requirements
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
IGCSE: Minimum pass; OR
MUET: Minimum band 3; OR
IELTS: Minimum band 5.0; OR
TOEFL: Minimum score of 550; OR
Any equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
** Validity of test results:
-MUET: 5 years
-IELTS & TOEFL: 2 years
We are Hiring
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our team.
Full Time PhD & Master Vacancies with allowances (URGENT FILL UP).
AI & Analytics Postgraduate Researcher
Industry Research Project Title : AI/Predictive Analytics for Smart Maintenance of Downstream Plant Operation in Oil & Gas Sector. (PhD Computing 1x Position + Master of Science - computer science 2x Position).
This project is sponsored by Serba Dinamik Group Bhd.
This Industry research project will focus into development :-
- To develop a Core AI/ Predictive Analytics engine based on data-driven problem solving integrate with existing Smart Maintenance solutions.
- Develop intelligent AI systems which comply with HS&E procedures and requirement.
- Develop intelligent AI systems which will focus less time spent on brute-force information extraction and validation.
- A Malaysian;
- Familiar and experience in developing AI/Analytics solutions using KERAS, TensorFlow, Python, R, SAS, Tableau.
- Has completed MSc. in the relevant and related field (Data Analytics/Computer Science/Systems Engineering) with a minimum CGPA of 3.00; (For PhD computing candidates Placement).
- Has completed Bachelor’s degree in the relevant and related field (Data Analytics/Computer Science/Systems Engineering) with a minimum CGPA of 3.00; (Master by Research student placement).
Industry working experience in the relevant and related field of not less than 3 years with minimum CGPA of 2.75;
Research experience in the relevant and related field of not less than 3 years with 2 journal publications with minimum CGPA of 2.75; and
Able to travel as much as the job requires
Benefits: Allowance up to RM 2,500 monthly (PhD) OR RM2,000 (Master). Upon successful and completion of the project, candidate will be awarded with Master or Doctoral Degree.
Interested candidates to email CV to
Dr. Mohammad Shahir at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Dr. Nor Akmar Mohd Yahya at email@example.com .
Data warehouse consultant
User interface designer