Vice Chancellor (Interim)
Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. Zulkarnain Kedah
Dr Zul obtained his BSc (Business Administration) from Bowling Green State University, USA (1997) followed by MSc (Information Technology) from Universiti Putra Malaysia (2001) and PhD from City University of London, UK (2007).
Upon completing his PhD, he worked at the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) from 2009 -2014 as Assistant Professor cum Entrepreneurship Coordinator before joining Asia e-University as an Academic Facilitator in September 2014 until 2015.
Currently, he is Vice President (Education and Training) at Serba Dinamik Group Berhad and Vice Chancellor (Interim) at University Malaysia of Computer Science and Engineering (UNIMY).
MSc (Information Technology) and PhD (Management)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Attendance: September 2021 – present, full-time
Role: Main Supervisor
1. Ahmad, K., Fountaine, R. and Kedah, Z. (2021). Qassim Cement Company: A Case of Ethical Management. Albukhary Social Business Journal, 2(1), 79-89.
2. Kedah, Z., Mohammed Adamu, I., Anwar, M. A. and Mhd. Sarif, S. (2019). Effects of Business Jihad on Entrepreneurs’ Motivation and Performance. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 38(3), 277-293.
3. Kedah, Z., Abdullah, M. A., and Anwar, M. A. (2016). The Impact of Millionaires’ Secret Strategy on Entrepreneurial Performance Through Entrepreneurial Motivation. Malaysian Management Review, 51(2), 41-45.
4. Kedah, Z., Jan, M. T., Haque, A., and Ahmed, F. (2016). Developing Web-Based Partner Relationship Management: An Exploratory Study of the Application of Web-Based Channel Solution by ICT Companies in Malaysia, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Malaysian Management Review, 51(1), 67-87.
5. Kedah, Z., Mohammed Adamu, I., Abdul Kadir, Mohd Ali Bahari, and Anwar, M. A. (2015). Effects of Business Jihad on Entrepreneurs’ Ethical Behaviour and Corporate Social Responsibility: A Qualitative Study. International Journal of Business and Globalisation, 15(3), 425 – 442.
6. Abdullah, M. A., Kedah, Z., and Anwar, M. A. (2015). Effects of Islamic Entrepreneurship Mind Programming on Entrepreneurial Performance through Entrepreneurial Motivation. International Journal of Business and Globalisation, 15(3), 294 – 312.
7. Kedah, Z., Haque, A., and Ismail, Y. (2015). Key Success Factors of Online Food Ordering Services: An Empirical Study. Malaysian Management Review, 50(2), 19-36.
8. Haque, A., Sultana, S., Kedah, Z., Yasmin, F. and Abdul Momen (2014). Export Performance of Malaysian Telecommunication Products: Market Prospects and Challenges. International Review of Business Research Papers, 10(2), 27 – 45.
9. Adamu, I. M., Kedah, Z. and Osman-Gani, A. M. (2013). Entrepreneurial Motivation, Performance and Commitment to Social Responsibility: Toward Future Research. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 18(2), 194 – 210.
1. Zulkarnain Kedah, Isa Mohammed Adamu (2011). Spirituality in Entrepreneurship from Islamic Perspective. In: Spirituality in Management from Islamic Perspective. IIUM Press, Kuala Lumpur, pp. 191-230.
2. Zulkarnain Kedah (2011). Planning to Use Cases in a Marketing Course. In: Case Studies as a Teaching-Learning Tool in Accounting and Marketing Courses: An Instructor’s Perspective. IIUM Press, Kuala Lumpur, pp. 87-93.
Conference papers and proceedings
1. Entrepreneurial Motivation, Performance and Commitment to Social Responsibility: A Conceptual Analysis on the Influence of Islamic Religiosity, organised by University Putra Malaysia, 3-6 December 2011.
2. Spirituality in Entrepreneurship from Islamic Perspectives: A Conceptual Analysis on the Effects on Entrepreneurial Motivation and Social Responsibility, organised by University Putra Malaysia, 3-6 December 2011.
3. Online Foods Order and Delivery Service: A Pilot Study, organised by the Department of Business Administration, Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences, International Islamic University of Malaysia, 23-24 June 2010.
4. The Impact of Managing Business Partners Supported by Web-based Technologies: An Empirical Study from Partners’ Perspective Within the ICT Industry, organised by University of Gloucestershire, July 2004.
1. 2nd of March 2020. Regional Forum on TVET: Thriving in the New TVET Landscape organised by Institute of Materials, Malaysia at Grand Palace Hotel, Miri.
2. 13th of September 2018. Seminar on Career Opportunities in Material Science, Technology and Engineering organised by Institute of Materials, Malaysia at Institute of Business Excellence, University Technology MARA, Shah Alam.
3. 17th of April 2017. International Conference on Sustainable Development Goals: Challenges and Opportunities in Asia organised by Human Resource Development Network (HRDN) Pakistan at Swiss Garden Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
4. 8th of March 2014. International Event on Maulidurrasul under the patronage of Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi organised by Al-Wariseen Trust at Masjid Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin, Putrajaya.
1. 24th of October 2019. Synergistic Networking Session MESTR/Petronas with Higher Education and TVET Institutions organised by Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Research of Sarawak at Promenade Hotel, Bintulu.
2. 23rd of October 2019. Round Table Event for Corporate Companies in Selangor with Sultan of Selangor organised by Lembaga Zakat Selangor at Hotel Concorde, Shah Alam.
2020-Present : Innovation Management Systems Based on ISO 56002
2017-Present : International Council of Islamic Finance Educators
2016-Present : Competent Communicator, Toastmasters International
2011-Present :Chairman, Yayasan Amal Ihsan
2011-Present : Alumni, Richworks Group of Companies, Dr. Azizan Osman
2009-Present : Alumni, ESQ Leadership Centre
Take the Next
Contact us today for more information or to apply
for a programme.